Continuing the whole live to be 100 train of thought…..
11. Rise and Shine! We’ve always heard, “Get plenty of sleep” – and goodness knows we try to grab as much as we can. But, it turns out that maybe we oughtn’t be clamouring for quite so much.
A study at the University of California found that people who regularly slept too much (more than 8 hours a night) are less likely to live as long as those who average 7 hours or less.
12. Stay out of tanning beds. When I first began working online and putting up “Niche” websites, I actually had one promoting, selling, and praising tanning beds. Then, as I was researching for the articles I was writing for the site, I found out that they aren’t as safe as we’re led to believe they are.
Want the fact? Your risk of cancer rises as much as 20 percent for every decade of tanning bed use. Even 5 percent would be too much for me. I ditched the website.
13. Watch your weight. If you have extra weight on, take it off and keep it off. I read something startling recently – Being overweight is actually more dangerous to your health than smoking. Did not know that.
If you’re like….oh I don’t know….everyone except Keira Knightley……you’re looking to unload a few pounds. Grab a subscription to Prevention Magazine and visit their website (Prevention.com) daily. They have the best recipes, articles, tips, advice, and encouragement. I love them muchly.
14. Yuk it up! Laugh every chance you get – even if it’s at yourself. Watch adult swim on the Cartoon Network, Lucy or Andy on TVLand, Alton Brown on Food TV, or rent a funny movie. Add more laughter into each day. A good laugh boosts your circulation, cuts stress, and triggers the release of endorphins – leaving you with a case of the feel goods.
15. Last, but by no means least, Grab your chocolate candy bars!!! Dark chocolate, which contains a high percentage of cocoa solids, also contains antioxidants that can cut your risk of heart disease. Yippppeeee – Hershey’s, I’m coming for you!
More tomorrow. I had more to post today, but since it’s like 175 degrees here in Kentucky, I’ve got outside pets to check on, water, and hose off.
Oh, and a Hershey’s Bar with Almonds to eat. Before it melts.