Self Help Daily is nothing if not ambitious! Powered by coffee, chocolate, and a Save the World complex, what began as a humble little self help blog has grown into much more. More importantly, our plans for the site grow larger each day – so future growth is a given. I thought it might be helpful to have a page (such as this) to help point you in helpful directions. In it’s early days, I gave Self Help Daily the most ridiculous categories imaginable – I was all over the place! I’ve tried to re-categorize and sort articles and information into appropriate places. However, I often worry that something that could be of use to someone could be hidden. So, I’ve created a tour of the site to, hopefully, get people where they need to be. Websites and blogs can sometimes be navigationally challenged and I want to prevent that, if possible. In order for you to get the most out of Self Help Daily, I ask that you do at least one of the following (if you want to really optimize the benefits, do several!):
- Subscribe to our rss feed if you have a reader. Although I would benefit the most from you actually coming to the site, I do provide you with a full text rss feed. Why? It’s probably easiest for you.
- Subscribe to our e-mail updates. This way you’ll know as soon as a new article has been added. I’ll come into your e-mail’s inbox and tap you on the shoulder when I have something of interest.
- Follow me on Twitter! I often post Self Help Daily updates, as well as those of my other blogs. I also point out other posts, articles, news, and so on – things that I never actually add to Self Help Daily. Amongst the “Coffeeing myself into consciousness” and “Eating chocolate like it’s never been eaten” posts, I drum up some great stuff as well as killer quotes. My Twitter page is http://twitter.com/JoiTaniaSigers – I’ll see you there!
About Joi and Self Help Daily. Please read the About page to get a clear idea of who I am, what I stand for, and what I’m up to. Self Help Articles. Our Article Section includes self help articles by myself as well as other authors. A personal favorite is Napoleon Hill’s Three Feet From Gold. Taking old articles, dusting them off, and giving them a new chance to change lives inspires me as much as chocolate and coffee. You can also find Napoleon Hill’s Think and Grow Rich in its entirety on Self Help Daily. This is a book you’ll want to read – and then read again. Motivational and Inspirational Quotes. I have collected quotes for as long as I can remember. I almost always have a notebook and pen beside me whether I’m reading a book, surfing the web, watching classic tv, or enjoying a movie on DVD. A single great quote has the power to transform lives. I truly believe this, which is why I’ve created a growing collection of motivational and inspirational quotes on Self Help Daily. I add to the collection, literally, daily. You’ll also find a great number of motivational quotes in the Daily Quotes category. Great stuff! Book Reviews. I strongly promote a lot of books for one reason – I strongly promote reading. I enjoy doing Book Reviews almost as much as I enjoy reading. It bears mentioning that I almost always use Amazon links for one reason only: I want the author I’m promoting to do very well on Amazon. Placing highly in Amazon is a huge feather in an author’s cap and I want to do my part to help them achieve that. Believe me, the compensation for these links is next to nothing. Pennies.
Some Book Reviews I’ve done:
- What I Know byRoger Emerson Fishman
- Guardians of Beingby Eckhart Tolle with illustrations by Patrick McDonnell
- Road Rules: Be the Truck Not the Squirrel by Andrew J. Sherman
- Thou Shalt Not Whine by January Jones
- A Life Changing Book Written by a Changing Individual
Self Help for Bloggers. We bloggers have special needs and requirements! I often write about these needs, as well as themes, plugins, fitness, and so on – you know, the non-technical aspects of blogging. The Blogging Category is pretty much a compilation of things I’ve tried and liked.
Some Articles About Blogging:
- Bloggers and Would-Be Bloggers: For Your Eyes Only
- The Thesis WordPress Theme Earns an A plus
- A Simple Little Idea for Bloggers
- Looking Beneath a Website’s Covers – Egads!
- One of the Smartest Things I Ever Did Was
- Getting the Most From Your Blog
- What’s Gloat Bloat?
- Frequency of Blog Posts?
- The ABC’s of Blogging 1
- The ABC’s of Blogging 2
Some Health and Fitness Articles:
- Is 85 The New 65?
- Jeepers Creepers, Protect Your Peepers!
- Why You Should Be Drinking More Tea
- Having Pets Can Make You Feel and Look Younger
- Six Ways to Lower Your Risks of Getting Breast Cancer
- How Common Sense Cuts Your Cancer Risk in Half
- Relax, For the Love of Your Brain Cells, Relax!
- 10 Habits Men Need to Develop and Maintain for a Healthy Heart
- Winter Weight Gain vs. the Kitchen Counter Pact!
- Preventing Swine Flu: Take Precautions
- Clean Like a Germiphobe!
- The Top 5 Tips For Lowering Blood Pressure
Relationships. I write a great deal about relationships, because that’s where the heart of life truly is.
Some Relationship Advice and Articles:
- Coping With the Symptoms of Menopause From Both Sides of the Fence
- Adult Temper Tantrums – Does it Get Any Uglier?!
- The Difference Between Standing for Something and Standing for Self
- Words Have the Power to Make or Break Relationships – It’s Your Choice
- Dealing with Hatred and Intolerance the Right Way Rather than the Easy Way
- Your Relationships: A Fast and Sure-Fire Way to Make Them EVEN Better
A Few Personal Favorite Self Help Articles:
- Promptitude: A Word That’ll Make You Get Off the Couch and Get Moving
- Try it, You’ll Like It!
- What I’ve Learned from the People, Places, and Events in My Life
- Getting a Fresh Perspective Can Give You a Fresh Start
- Motivating Mini-Mantras!
- Genius Lights it’s Own Fire
- Celestial Seasonings is Brewing Teas and Growing Trees
- Tony Dungy Videos – Inspiration in the Highest Sense of the Word
- Wonderfully Sound Advice From a Grandfathers Wise, Wise Lips
- Making Changes in Your Life – It’s a beautiful thing.. Try it!
- A Beautiful Day Gives Way to Beautiful Thoughts
- What Legacy are You Leaving?
- You want me to review a book: Note, I’ll actually require a copy of the book! And, um… one publisher once included a Starbucks’ gift card. I’m just saying – she’s been in my prayers since.
- You want me to tell my readers about your article, site, interview, or blog. Question: Are you going to tell your’s about mine?
- You want me to write a guest post for your blog, newsletter or web site. I’d love to, just let me know what subject you’d like me to cover and I’ll write you a perfectly original article within 48 hours. I will, of course, ask for the opportunity to link my name to Self Help Daily.
- You want to use any of my articles or posts on Self Help Daily on your own site or blog. Cool by me! Please, please, please just link to Self Help Daily when you do so.
- If you just want to say, “Hi!” – E-mail away!