If, like me, you have medicine(s) you have to take everyday, you know that it’s a lot easier to forget them than you’d imagine. I’ve been taking a daily pill all of my life. For half my life, it was an asthma pill. Then my asthma got MUCH better and just about the time I was able to stop taking a pill for my breathing, I had to start taking one for my thyroid.
No biggie, really. I’m just thankful that pills exist when we need them. However, when I’m particularly busy, it’s VERY easy to forget to pop that little yellow pill.
At least, it used to be easy to forget. That’s before I found one of the most ingenious and helpful apps of all time: The RxmindMe Prescription Reminder. I’ve set the reminder to remind me each morning at 8:00 and I haven’t missed a dose in months. The notification comes with a non-intrusive sound – just a friendly little reminder to take your medicine. The funny thing is, since I downloaded and began using the app, I normally remember just before it reminds me.
It’s as though it has programed me!
RxmindMe allows you to create nine different types of reminders (From http://www.rxmind.me)
- Daily reminders, ones that can occur on any day of the week
- Weekly reminders, like daily reminders, but you can set weekly repeat intervals
- Monthly reminders, monthly reminders that occur on a specific date during the month
- Monthly reminders, monthly reminders that occur on a specific day of the week of a specific week of the month – for example, the last Friday of the month
- Our new Every “X” Days reminder, repeats every few days
- Hourly reminders for specific hourly intervals
- As needed reminders which are taken infrequently
- On specific dates, reminders that you want to occur on specific dates – for example the 28th of November
Making your life easy
- Nine different types of reminders
- A Passcode Lock screen for your privacy
- Multiple types of alert sounds
- Photos of your prescriptions
- Email your prescription history
- The FDA Drug Database for easy searching of medications
- Historical records of all your reminders and prescriptions
- Fast App Switching
- iPhone 4 / iPod touch 4 – Retina Graphics
- Snoozing Capabilities, 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, or 2 hours
- Ability to add multipule prescriptions / pills / vitamins / medications to a single reminder