Plus: Theme Wars and Angry Birds
Since my original Scribe SEO Plugin Review, the mega minds behind the plugin have taken its SEO power even further. It’s all about KEYWORDS, CONTENT, and LINK JUICE. See, Tiger blood has nothing on LINK JUICE. Tiger blood does link juice’s laundry.
And likes it.
When doling out my wisdom (spewing the few facts I know) and sharing my experience (trial and error, rinse and repeat), I find myself giving different variations on the same advice:
- Buy your own domain
- Use WordPress and don’t even THINK about anything else
- Never try to be anyone you’re not
- Write about things you know and care about
- WordPress Theme? It depends on the needs of your particular website/blog. I intentionally have the BIG THREE on my various sites: The Thesis Theme, StudioPress Themes, and Woo Themes. I could have easily gone exclusively with any of the three, but as a web publisher with many websites, I wanted to try each of them and see where each one’s strengths were. I keep a very close eye on the performance of each website – I mean, I do this full-time for a living. Web publishing isn’t a hobby for me, it’s my career. When it’s your career and everything professionally is at stake, you dot you each i and cross each t very carefully. In the way that each kitchen appliance has a particular function and place in your culinary endeavors, each of these themes is beautiful for particular needs. If you were to tell me what you were looking for with a particular website or blog, I could tell you which of the three I’d recommend but, honestly, you couldn’t go wrong with any of these themes. Some people get pretty worked up and passionately defend or attack other themes, but as someone who works with each one on a daily basis, I can tell you this – like it or not, they each rock. It all comes down to what you’re looking for, how much know how you have (and how much you need the theme to do most of the work for you). I’ll be honest with you, sometimes I’d kind of like to go with one theme exclusively – it’d make it easier for my brain when it came to upgrading or updating, as each one requires different actions, different steps, etc. But, as it is, my different sites require different themes – so it is what it is. Why does each one of these themes have to be so killer?!?! I actually love the fact that different theme developers are pushing one another to UP their games. They’re bringing out the best in one another and, as someone who benefits from them being at their best, I’m all for it!
- Scribe SEO Plugin. You need it. I don’t care how long you’ve been at it – this is something you need in your arsenal. Personally, I think I’ve given the tools in these bullet points in the order of importance – Your own domain, followed by a great theme, followed by the Scribe SEO plugin. While the theme wars will continue, when it comes to premium plugins, Scribe SEO stands alone. Basically, having the Scribe SEO plugin on your blog is equivalent to having an SEO expert sitting beside you each time you sit down to work. Some of the greatest minds in SEO and website development have poured their knowledge into this plugin and, honestly, it’s pure gold. If you read Self Help Daily regularly, you know that I don’t pitch many products to you. Self Help Daily is about helping you get the most out of yourself. However, when there are tools that can help you do just that, I have no problem pitching away. I want you to be the best you can be and I want you to get everything from life that you want – and then some! So when I extol the virtues of things I love such as the Scribe SEO plugin or my beloved NordicTrack, know that I believe 100 percent that they can get you there.
There are a lot of things you can’t control online. Google’s updates, who follows you on Twitter, who befriends you on Facebook, who links to you, who Diggs you, and so on. It’s even hard to control your page rank. People who once linked to you may all of a sudden remove your link or disappear entirely. It happens and it isn’t pretty.
However, like all things in life, you can’t worry about the things that are out of your hands. You have to take care of the things that are right there in the palms. YOU are in complete control of your domain, the theme(s) you use, the content you write, and the extra push-to-the-front-of-the-line power that Scribe SEO can give you. If you haven’t read my original Scribe SEO Plugin Review, I urge you to do so now. Everyone needs an edge and Scribe can give it to you.
The Scribe SEO plugin is 100 percent easy to use and even easier to install. I’ll let you in on a little secret, it’s fun too. Seriously, using this plugin to tweak your writing is a really fun challenge. It isn’t just fun, it’s Angry Birds fun.
Make each moment count double!