How to Get Through Life's Holes Without Getting Stuck in Them!
The Swiss Cheese Theory of LIfe, by Judith A. Belmont, MS and Lora Shor, MSW, is such a fun, delightful, and thought-provoking book that I only wish I could put a copy into each one of my reader’s hands. I was sent my own review copy a few weeks ago and I’ve really gotten a kick out of it.
Don’t get me wrong. Just because it’s fun, delightful, colorful, and has a killer personality doesn’t mean there isn’t a great deal of substance here, because there is. The fact that it has a great deal of fun serving up the wonderful nuggets of self growth simply means that you’ll stay with them all the way to the end. I can’t imagine anyone bailing on this book midway – you’d be too afraid of missing what might come next!
From the back cover:
Take The Swiss Cheese Theory of Life Challenge
- Are you trying to make changes in your life, yet find yourself digging deeper into a hole?
- Do you “know better” but still continue unhealthy patterns and habits?
- Do you often have “why does this happen to me” thinking?
- Are you looking for happiness in all the wrong places?
- Are you ready to make healthy changes in your life…. physically, emotionally, spiritually?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions – this book is for you!
The Swiss Cheese Theory of Life is a book about resiliency. Using Swiss Cheese as a metaphor for life itself, you will explore ways to get through life’s holes without getting stuck in them. Swill is not like any other cheese – and neither are you!
Top 10 Things I Love About The Swiss Cheese Theory of Life:
- The book has such a positive vibe it floats off of the pages. There’s no negativity, scare tactics, or heavy handed advice.
- The authors treat important matters as important matters but don’t take things overly seriously. Life’s fun and this book doesn’t just “get” that, it celebrates it.
- I look at reading as sitting down and having a friendly visit with an author or authors. These authors are great company and I’m hoping for more collaborations.
- This book is highly interactive, inviting the reader to think, solve, and resolve. We don’t grow when others do all the thinking for us!
- There are many fascinating quotes, illustrations, and examples. The lively writing is compelling.
- There are FUN illustrations and even comics. LOVE that!
- The book reads very fast, but doesn’t at all feel like “fast food.” It’s fine dining quality but can be read by even the busiest person in no time at all.
- The authors show you how to take complete control of your life and bring the changes about that YOU want – not the changes someone else wants for you. Very important.
- The authors take good ole human emotions and short-comings into consideration. Very often they hit you with your excuses before they’ve even completely formed in your mind! Best of all, they offer solutions.
- Last, but certainly not least, this book shows that it is never, ever too late. Lifelong mistakes or even even consistent shortcomings can be turned around. The ship can be “righted” and.. guess what… we’re at the helm!
About the Authors:
Judith A. Belmont, MS, is a national speaker and corporate wellness trainer, with over 30 years of experience as a psychotherapist. From college teaching to working with Fortune 500 companies, Judy uses practical, action-oriented strategies to get people through life s obstacles. She is the author of two professional books, 86 Tips for the Therapeutic Toolbox and 103 Group Activities and TIPS.
Lora Shor, LSW, is a psychotherapist, work/life consultant, and national speaker. She has helped thousands learn and implement resiliency skills and transformation techniques for happier, healthier, balanced lifestyle. Lora is an international consultant to Fortune 500 companies, the federal government, and non-profits, and also maintains a private clinical practice in the Philadelphia area.
The Swiss Cheese Theory of Life is JUST the book I want each of my readers to have by their side when the new year rolls in. When you’re sitting at the table with pen and paper, making your New Year’s Resolutions, I want this book to be there with the three of you! It just may be the glue that’ll make those resolutions stick.
Take a closer look at this very special book: The Swiss Cheese Theory of LIfe