by Michael Stoddard
In 1920 first psychological tests were designed to select people to the armed forces. A personality examination is a special quiz created to reveal psychological features in children and adults.
Now questionnaires are taken by most of people to get to know more about their character or simply for fun. Social media offers hundreds of examinations to take every day when you read your Facebook or Reddit feed. But do you really know what the reasons to take a quick personality test are?
• Defining Your Career
A psychological quiz can help you define your skills and aptitudes to a particular activity. If you haven’t yet made up your mind about a future profession, think of a short quiz. Some recruiters use this method when hunting people for their jobs. They can identify whether a person fits this job position or another.
• Understanding Your Competencies and Strengths
Get to know what type of person you are – extrovert or introvert. It will come in handy when choosing work or attending an event. According to your psychological aspects, you will be able to prepare yourself for communicating with a big company or delivering a speech.
• Identifying Hobbies and Interests
With a good questionnaire taken you will help your self-advancement. Reading a book or hanging out with your friends? What are your interests and preferences? Try to pass a test and use the results for planning your rest effectively. You will know yourself better and will be able to act adequately in any situation or company.
Most Accurate Personality Test: A List of Top Quizzes
The Internet is full of good and free online quizzes for identifying personalities types. Here is a list of the most accurate and trusted sources to learn about your individuality and charisma.
- The Myers-Briggs – a perfect and interesting character type indicator. It is based on the identification of 4 key features about a person:
- inner and outer world;
- perception of information;
- the way of making decisions;
- structuring the world.
Based on the information got in the research process, conducted by Edu Birdie, you can identify what type of individuality you are. A specially designed table consisting of 16 buttons with 4 initial letters of your core features will show the qualities you possess and will detect your psychotype.
The objective of this questionnaire is to make the psychological knowledge clear to people and results useful for everyday lives. The advantages of taking the Myers-Briggs are as follows:
- You will be able to work inside a big company efficiently.
- You can make the right choice for career opportunities.
- You will be able to help your children learn effectively at school or university.
- It is good for individual growth and close relations within a family.
- Minnesota Multiphasic Person Inventory is a 30-minute test that assesses a person’s mental condition and detects if a person has some mental health problems. It consists of a certain number of true or false questions. Unfortunately, it is not available online as it is recommended only by a professional psychologist. MMPI distinguishes 10 abnormal states and behavioral style inherent in humans psychology including the most popular conditions such as depression, paranoia, and schizophrenia.
- Revised NEO Person Inventory is the best personality test based on the 5-factor model. It is used by psychologists to assess mostly adults but is available from the age of 12 as well. You will need 40 minutes to pass a test in a web or written form. This methodology identifies 5 personal traits: consciousness, agreeability, neuroticism, extraversion, and openness to experience. NEO-PI fits good business environment or clinical observations.
How Can Test Reports Come In Handy?
Taking a complete character exam means that you want to know more about yourself. Short funny quizzes may strongly influence your life or career development. Moreover, a well-designed psychological test can be helpful in detecting mental health issues at early stages. Never underestimate the power of a personal test taken.