Not long ago, I came across these great suggestions for starting your day “Sunny Side Up.” They’re by Becky Stephens, a registered nurse, which means she’s one of the hardest working individuals in the world. Add her profession to a long list of professions I’d never be able to handle. Not even on a good day.
Thank God for nurses.
While I think they’re all worthwhile suggestions, I’m particularly fond of number 12 – hot tea at bedtime and number 3 – saying a prayer. Hot tea and conversations with God are beautiful ways to end the day!
14 Ways to Get Up On the Right Side of the Bed
- Stretch your arms and legs.
- Take four big healthy yawns.
- Say a prayer.
- Push back the sheets and jump out of bed.
- Take a shower.
- Look forward to something.
- Exercise for at least five minutes.
- Brush your teeth.
- Think positively.
- Take a walk.
- Breathe deeply.
- Enjoy a hot cup of coffee, tea, or hot chocolate.
- Consider who you can encourage today.
- Thank God for the sunshine and the rain and that you have the strength to appreciate whatever the day will bring.