First of all, I want to apologize for my lack of articles, posts, book reviews, and quotes on the Self Help blog the past year. Contrary to how it may look, I didn’t fall off the face of the earth.
I wasn’t abducted by aliens… but what a cool story that would be.
I didn’t join Bigfoot in a cross-country trek… cooler story.
I didn’t forget how to type, blog, or turn the computer on.
I DID, however, become a grandmother for the first time and, quiet frankly… if I can be honest for a moment… that’s all I could think about, celebrate, or concentrate on for months on end!
I am blessed – uncommonly blessed – in that I get to spend so much time with this little angel. While his mom and dad work every day, he and I play! We watch Sesame Street (he loves Elmo while I’m partial to Gabby), the Disney Channel… we read, we go for long strolls… play with everything from pots and pans to the countless toys we’ve all bombarded him with.
I’m guessing you’ve figured out the lack of updates by now, haven’t you?
There is a huge – really, really huge – learning scale when it comes to budgeting your time. What’s that phrase about an old dog and new tricks?? Well, a blogger who is, shall we say, over 49, can have a hard time finding time for everything she needs time for. Especially when all she really wants to do is sit in the middle of the kitchen floor with a cute little guy and bang on pots and pans. Do NOT get me wrong, I wouldn’t change time with Maddox (the perfect baby’s name) for anything. Talk about a tremendous blessing from Heaven! Most grandparents have to long for more time with their grandkids – I see mine as much as I do my own husband and almost as much as I do my cats!
I have finally figured out the time scheduling and he is getting to where he is able to entertain himself while I do a few things at the computer. Naturally, there still have to be frequent breaks for hugs, Mickey Mouse, lunch, Starbucks trips (he loves smoothies!), and… of course, Elmo.
I actually have several new things planned for Self Help Daily. The changes may – or may not – we’ll see how it goes! – even involve a new design.
Self Help Daily Additions and Changes in 2019
- I have added a new category: Dream Analysis. You can click the link to read more about what you can expect with this content.
- I also added two other fascinating new categories, Aromatherapy and Essential Oils.
- I am going to dust off the Self Help Daily Twitter page and actually update it and make it work! I spend the majority of my Twitter time on my personal account (@JoiTaniaSigers). It takes a great deal of time and effort to “grow” a Twitter account and I lost patience with the Self Help Daily page long ago. In fact, my last Tweet on that particular account was back in August! I’m going to make it a priority to get it off and running and plan to devote the time and energy needed to make it happen.
- Book Reviews: I get MANY offers for book reviews on my blogs and I love it. I am an avid reader and book collector, so this is one of my favorite parts of doing what I do. I stopped accepting books to review on Self Help Daily this past year because I was overrun (and, come on, busy doing other things!). I am going to begin accepting books to review again, but I’ve narrowed the subjects I will accept or review. You’ll be seeing reviews of books covering the Spiritual and Christian genre, Inspirational books, books about aromatherapy, essential oils, healthy eating, mental fitness, brain health, and happiness. Basically, I’ve decided that if I am going to spend time reading and reviewing books, they darn sure need to be books I’m interested in and that I will enjoy!
- The Quote of the Day I once did on Self Help Daily will now appear, daily, on the Self Help Daily Twitter page. I will occasionally put quotes and quote graphics on the blog but they will be on the Twitter page daily.
- I have become almost as fascinated with the mind/body/food connection as I am by animals…. almost. So you’ll begin seeing a lot more content about how food can help us feel better, live longer, and even protect our minds. What doesn’t sound exciting about that?!
Thank you for reading my words – you absolutely humble me by being here. If you are on Twitter, please follow Self Help Daily. I’ll gladly follow you right back!