I write a lot of book reviews on my various blogs simply because I love books, I love reading, and I want to see more people enjoying the beautiful world of books. Books can inspire you, educate you, enlighten you…. even change you, should the need arise. Their many positive effects cannot be adequately covered in less than 25,000 words, so I’ll save that for another day.
My favorite books to review on Self Help Daily are Christian books. Books written by Christians in an effort to draw others closer to Jesus – whether the reader is a fellow Christian or one the author hopes to reach.
The Christian books I review can be about….
- The Holy Spirit
- Living the Christian Life
- Drawing Closer to God
- Bible Study
- Individual Men and Women in the Bible
- Men and Women Who Have Served God
I do not review Christian fiction, I’m afraid. The only fiction I read is either Agatha Christie or books I read to my grand baby. Speaking of which, Maddox (the grand baby) and I would review Children’s Christian books. After all, they wouldn’t take long to read, so they wouldn’t take me away from my beloved non-fiction for lengthy periods of time. Most importantly, the idea of putting as many Christian books in as many children’s hands as possible excites me even more than a chocolate-covered cheesecake would.
Below are a few of the Christian Books I’ve reviewed on Self Help Daily. As you can see, I photograph the books in a way to bring out their natural beauty and do my very best to let my readers know why they should read the book I’m reviewing. Many book reviewers serve up “paragraph size” reviews online – I prefer to give each book the attention it deserves. I make a point, however, of never giving anything away that the reader would be better off experiencing themselves, within the book’s pages.
- Appointments With Heaven Review by Dr. Reggie Anderson with Jennifer Schuchmann
- Life After Heaven by Steven R. Musick with Paul J. Pastor
- Really Bad Girls of the Bible by Liz Curtis Higgs
- Praying for Your Elephant by Adam Stadtmiller
- Whisper: How to Hear the Voice of God by Mark Batterson
- The Essential Guide to Prayer by Dutch Sheets
- Seven Mile Miracle by Steven Furtick
- Jesus Talked to Me Today Compiled by James Stuart Bell
- The Hum of Angels by Scot McKnight
- Answers to the Most Important Questions About the End Times by Dr. John Hart
- Thomas Nelson KJV Study Bible
I now use my personal e-mail address for all of my business and personal e-mail. What can I say, life’s too short to have to log into and out of 12 different e-mail accounts! If you have a Christian book you’d like reviewed on Self Help Daily, you can reach me anytime at email@example.com.
I get especially excited about book reviews, so don’t be surprised when you hear back from me immediately! ~ Joi (“Joy”)