My aunt sent me this in an e-mail and, of course, I had to pass it along. There’s some great advice here, guys. The cool thing is, the title could just as easily read, “How to Have Less Stress in Your Life,” “How to Enjoy Life More,” “How to Make People Want to Be Around You,” etc.
HOW TO STAY YOUNG
1. Try everything twice. On Madams tombstone (of Whelan’s and Madam) she
said she wanted this epitaph: Tried everything twice… loved it both times!
2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down. (Keep this in mind if you are one of those
3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain get idle. ‘An idle mind is the devil’s workshop.’ And the devil’s name is Alzheimer’s!
4. Enjoy the simple things.
5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath. And if you have a friend who makes you laugh, spend lots and lots of time with him/her.
6. The tears happen: Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person who is with us our entire life is ourselves. LIVE while you are alive.
7. Surround yourself with what you love. Whether it’s family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.
8. Cherish your health. If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.
9. Don’t take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county, to a foreign country, but NOT to where the guilt is.
10. Tell the people you love that you love them at every opportunity.
11. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second chance.
These 11 admonishings should be written down and lived out!