There are certain things that I love so much that I can’t even imagine life without them…
- Favorite restaurants (Applebee’s, Ninki’s Japanese Steakhouse in Owensboro, Kentucky, Olive Garden, Cracker Barrel…)
- Favorite magazines (SUCCESS Magazine, Taste Of Home, Psychology Today,Woman’s World…)
- Favorite authors (Max Lucado, Dan Koontz, Dr. Oz, Grenville Kleiser…)
- Favorite tv shows (The Biggest Loser, Survivor, LOST, The Amazing Race, the Food Network…yes, the entire network..)
- The 4 6 food groups (vegetables, fruit, dairy, meats, chocolate, and coffee )
If, like me, you’re a huge Jillian Michaels fan, you’ll want to grab this issue right away. The article inside, “Tough Love,” gives you insight into the Holy Terror that paces back and forth in the gym looking for someone’s a$$ to land on. A favorite part of the show for me is when she gets that spark in her eye when she sees a place to land.
I don’t allow people to be victims, because if they’re victims, they’re not in control of their own destiny. – Jillian Michaels
In the article, Jillian and her business partner (Giancarlo Chersich) discuss Jillian’s new reality show that will air this summer on NBC, “Losing It.” There’s no way I’ll miss a single episode. In Losing It, she’ll spend a week living with an American family – identifying and treating their unhealthy habits. In the interview, she also discusses why she cares so deeply for her contestants, what makes her tick, and what advice she has for people who are trying to achieve their own personal goals. The amazing thing is, her advice is spot on whether your goals are centered around the scale or not. In fact, Jillian has a personal development book coming out next year, “Unlimited: How to Build an Exceptional Life.” I look forward to it!
It’s a great, great article and you won’t want to miss a single word.
Also in this issue of SUCCESS (as if Jillian Michaels isn’t enough):
- A really good article on Decision Making by best-selling author John C. Maxwell
- A clever article on using reality shows to spark family conversations (some of our best discussions stem from tv shows – whether they’re debates over whether or not Boston Rob should have been voted off of Survivor or which contestant will lose the most weight on Loser)
- An article about stress by Drs. Oz and Roizen – great tips
- A profile and interview with Paul Newman’s daughter Nell Newman (she’s a lovely combination of Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward’s features – one could do a heck of a lot worse than that!)
- Much, much more!
As I was reading through this issue of SUCCESS, I realized one of the things that makes this magazine one of my favorites: It’s always relevant.
Visit Success Magazine online and be sure to grab the newest issue.
I also loved the following quote by Robin Williams, featured in a section about being yourself: “You’re only given a little spark of madness. You mustn’t’ lose it.”
Books and DVDs by Jillian Michaels: