- Yesterday, when I told my youngest daughter (Stephany) about the quote I’d chosen as the Daily Quote – – – – Do good, and disappear. – – — she said, “I love that. Like a superhero.” Great take on the quote! Ironically, in the comments, Quinn, had the same take. I think it’s odd that superheros never occurred to me – I’m positively obsessed with them! Too busy thinking about flower gardens and herb beds, I guess. Don’t tell Batman or Hawkgirl, ‘kay?
- I’m completely in love with restaurants having to put caloric values in the menus. Talk about eye openers. I think it’s a giant step in the right direction and a quick look around town let’s us all know that it’s a step that needs to be taken.
- My name is Joi and I’m a Farmville addict…. Oh, and I’m not ashamed to admit it. It’s a 100 percent harmless way to have a little fun and connect with family members and friends that live miles and miles away. It’s akin to playing a board game in which I have all of my daughters, girlfriends from high school, an aunt I love to distraction, and friends of my aunt’s (who are too, too cute to be believed) – all sitting around the table, drinking coffee and having fun. People who are critical of harmless games like this? They need more fun in their own lives… it’d cheer them up! Cranks. I think it’s pretty much like girlfriends and wives who complain about their sweethearts fishing, playing video games, or golf – let other people have their fun and find your own. No one person is completely responsible for another person’s entertainment or amusement.
- Tiger Woods made his own beds – could everyone just let it go and allow him and everyone involved to get on with their lives? Athletes, stars, politicians, and everyday Joes unfortunately mess up and sometimes it’s messier than other times. But once it’s all out in the open, how many times must he be flogged, embarrassed, hunted, and chastised for it? He’s human and he did some dumb things. He knows that and is just trying to get on with his life and rise from the ashes. Why do some people delight in trying to hold him down and throw more ashes on him. In my book that makes THEM the villain. Bullying someone (even when they made dumb mistakes) makes the bully just as vile as the bullied – you could make a case for “more so.”
- This season (and every season!) be sure to buy your fruit, vegetables, flowers, and plants from local farmers and stands. How disheartening it must be to have your little stand all set up and your homemade sign in full view just to watch cars zoom by to pay more for punier produce at the super store.
- I can’t say that I’m obsessive about counting calories in everything I eat and drink but I am a big fan of staying in the ballpark. I’m especially careful about the little “extras” and wasted calories that can be one’s undoing. For example, if you’re a huge fan of French Salad Dressing like me – do yourself a favor. Compare the calories in our beloved French dressing to those in Italian. I’m pretty sure you’ll switch countries as fast as I did! If you want to get a good idea of how many calories your consuming on average, check out CalorieKing.com. You can find fast food caloric values (holy french fries! – come to think about it, if it has French in the title, I”m giving it up), condiments, drinks, and so on. Great information.
- I just posted an article on Out of Bounds that has to with DEEP THINKING as opposed to shallow thinking. It looks at a variety of ways to stimulate your brain cells and keep your mind sharp. I’d love for you to check it out: Go Deep: A Mental Exercise to Keep You Mentally Sharp.
- If you have the means, the heart, and the ability to do so – go to your local humane society and give a precious animal a place to call home and, better yet, the family they so desperately want. A cat or dog can absolutely light up your world and bring warmth, love, and joy to your life. You can’t ask for a better walking or driving companion than a dog and when it comes to doing anything around the house, a highly inquisitive cat is the best company you could hope for. Imagine how great you’ll feel when you walk in and catch your new family member’s eye – better still, imagine how you’ll both feel when you walk out the door together.
Have a beautiful, outstanding, and utterly remarkable Tuesday. It’s one of my favorite days of the week – courtesy of The Biggest Loser and Lost!
1 thanks for the link
3 fun is where you find it, as long as we do not let fun crowd out the necessary tasks of our life it should be allowed. If it does not harm others or your self others should not tell yo to stop.
4 yes yes 100 times yes
.-= Quinn´s last blog ..The journey to here part 1: making the rock =-.
Jarrod@ Optimistic Journey says
I like this Joi! I especially like the point you made about Tiger Woods. I think that everyone messes up and Tiger Woods realizes that he’s made a mistake. He just wants to move on with his life.
Thanks for sharing!!
.-= Jarrod@ Optimistic Journey´s last blog ..You Know You’re Favored by God When… =-.
That quote is pretty awesome!
I was also shocked to find out how many calories were in French dressing!! Pretty crazy……
Good point about buying local produce…. Now that you put it that way, I want to go buy some peaches or something from the local farmers markets!! 🙂
Britt, peaches sound amazing! Now I’m craving peach cobbler. I’ll have to make one (or twenty) this week. 😉
Do think it’s worthwhile pointing out that not all people who need calorific info are overweight.
Calories for food says
I like your website, also Knowing the calories in foods, will help you know how many calories you have consumed during the day. This will in turn, help you to maintain your calorie balance to reduce weight.