Books like this one remind me of really great movies – the kind you watch as many times as possible, and somehow notice something different each time.
“Everyone is responsible for his or her own actions. The story of your life is not written by what happens to you but by what you choose to make happen.” – Cameron C. Taylor
Does Your Bag Have Holes? 24 Truths That Lead to Financial and Spiritual Freedom is, as the back cover says, “The First Book Of Its Kind.”
From the Back Cover of Does Your Bag Have Holes?:
This book pulls together the principles of Christianity, personal finance, and success into one amazing resource. Cameron’s unique style of writing is entertaining, yet powerful and to the point. As you live the truths in this book, you will experience the joy of financial and spiritual freedom.
The wonderful thing I noticed about this book (on each trip) was that the information, the parables, the stories, the quotes, the graphs, the pictures.. Okay, everything… doesn’t just provide the reader with a first class lesson in finances. It provides you with a first class lesson in life.
I came across SO many different stories (with illustrations) that I wanted to scan/type in and send to the people on my e-mail list. They’re that AMAZING. Then I realized, after I lost count of the number of stories, that it would be much wiser to simply shoot out one widespread e-mail recommending this book and everything in it.
That’s when I knew I’d also be recommending it to my Self Help Daily friends as well.
What Makes Does Your Bag Have Holes A Perfect Book?
- The information is information that you will not find anywhere else. How’s that for starters?! Many books (and, come on, let’s be honest, I read so much I’d know) sort of recycle information. They say what’s been said a different way. What Cameron C. Taylor gives his readers in Does Your Bag Have Holes is unique. It is the information that will be recycled in upcoming books. But you know… and I know… the original’s almost always better.
- Does Your Bag Have Holes? 24 Truths That Lead to Financial and Spiritual Freedom includes an Abridged Audio Book. I’ve said before how much I LOVE audio books. A pure genius, somewhere, discovered a way for us book addicts to keep our nose in books even when our nose has to be somewhere else. A billion thanks, genius. I love books that come with audio. Not only is is incredibly appreciated from a reader’s standpoint (after all, it helps those of us who are too busy for our own good to multitask and make better use of the 24 hours we’re given), it also shows that the author and the publisher think so much of the material that they want their audience to get it every which way possible. That’s confidence in what they have AND consideration for those who purchase it.
- Cameron C. Taylor is simply a wonderful author. I love to see someone doing what they were meant to do. There’s a certain beauty about it. Whether it’s Faith Hill singing, Frank Sinatra dancing, or Serena Williams playing tennis – there’s something awe-inspiring when someone has found what they were meant to do and they carry it out as beautifully as God knew they would. Cameron C. Taylor was meant to write. And he does so beautifully. He writes with humor, insight, and profound wisdom. He understands the teachings set forth in the Bible and wants to share them with as many people as possible.
- This book will affect every aspect of your life. Yes, it’s geared toward the financial aspects, and it most certainly will have a profound effect on your finances – but the author will touch more than just your money. He’ll touch the hand that holds the money, and the heart that holds the hand.
- Can you say TIMELY?!?! If we ever needed a book about financial truths, it’s NOW. Is there any way we can force our nation’s leaders and would-be-leaders to read this book?! Probably not, but we can certainly help ourselves and our families by reading it ourselves. Maybe twice.
“The person that is good at making excuses is rarely good at much else.” – Cameron C. Taylor
Reviews for Does Your Bag Have Holes: 24 Truths That Lead to Financial and Spiritual Freedom:
- “Every person in the world should be taught these 24 powerful truths. Whether you’re a student, a teacher, or a parent, you need to learn these truths. It would change the world.” – Robert G. Allen, author of the NY Times #1 bestsellers Nothing Down and Creating Wealth
- “Success, happiness, and spiritual and financial freedom are not complicated. After reading Cameron Taylor’s book, you will understand why I feel this way.” – Lou Holtz, National Champion and Infamous Head Football Coach for Notre Dame Football 1985-1996
- “Inspiring lessons of truth and wisdom beautifully applied to today’s world.” – Sean Covey, author of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Teens
- “This is a warm, wonderful book full of timeless truths you can apply to every area of your life.” – Brian Tracy, author of The Way to Wealth
- “I found the book insightful and a very balanced look at the principles of financial prosperity. I love the emphasis upon seeking first the Kingdom of God. I really think the illustrations are excellent.” – Nate Fuchs, Minister (I love the illustrations too!)
- “The personal application of these 24 timeless truths will enable you to achieve breakthrough financial and spiritual results in your life.” – Henry Marsh, 4-time Olympic runner and author of The Breakthrough Factor
- “This book can help anyone replace damaging myths with Biblical truths that will set them on the right course for not confusing the pursuit of money with true success.” – Rich DeVos, Billionaire, owner of the Orlando Magic, and co-Founder of Amway
- “Wise, universal truths beautifully permeate this book – a true illustration of the law of the harvest.” – Stephen R. Covey, author of “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People” and “The 8th Habit: From Effectiveness to Greatness”
I have multiple shelves of books throughout our house. Some books, after I’ve read them, will be passed on. Others, the ones I want my family to read or that I’m certain I’ll re-read, go on appropriate shelves. Books that I will be returning to again and again – for quotes, quips, and information go on a special bookshelf beside my computer desk and that’s wherre Does Your Bag Have Holes? 24 Truths That Lead to Financial and Spiritual Freedom can be found.
A few days ago, I wrote a post “The Last 6 Books I Recommended to My Own Family.” Needless to say, this book is now among them. When anyone in my family is ready to read this amazing book, they’ll be able to find it on the shelves by my desk.
Or in my hands.