Welcome to Self Help Daily. Whether you came through the Google entrance or a door provided by one of the amazing people who link to our inspirational and self help blog – I’m thrilled you’re here. I don’t want to keep you any longer than is necessary (although I do enjoy your company), so I’ll just be brief.
That, you’ll find after reading a few of my posts, doesn’t come easily for me.
I did, however, want to tell you a few things about Self Help Daily. Like me, it may seem to be all over the place at times and getting lost is a real possibility.
- In addition to being a Self Help Blog, Self Help Daily also provides an ever-growing collection of self help articles. You can find the index to these articles here.
- Unlike a lot of Self Help sites and blogs, the writing, research, and general running of this site is done by one individual. My name is Joi (pronounced Joy). I invite you to e-mail me (joisigers @ aim.com) anytime for any reason. You’ll hear back as soon as humanly possible.
- Self Help Daily also has a large (and growing) collection of motivational and inspirational quotes. Whether you need a quote for a specific purpose, or you’re simply looking for a little motivation, I’m striving to make this collection the only one you’ll ever need.
- Self Help Daily runs on the same things its owner runs on: Coffee, tea, strawberry sundaes, chocolate, books, Bible study, an all-consuming love for all animals, an honest desire to make the world a better place, a love for everyone from my wonderful family and friends to people I’ve never met, and (most importantly) an un-waivering, un-apologetic, un-hidden love for God. I am a Christian, which says nothing about me and everything about Him.
- Speaking of animals – which I almost always am – you’ll see lots of animals in the pictures on Self Help Daily. Whether they’re on quote graphics or simply beautifying self help articles and blog posts, animals are prominent on Self Help Daily because they’re prominent in my world.
- I invite you to leave comments and share what you know with the rest of us. Whether it’s a comment simply saying, “I love that quote!” or a comment that gives more information about the post’s subject – every comment is cherished.
– Joi (“Joy”)
When I listen to the waves of the world
I disappear into what I cannot reach
And when I land
I am at peace
With all that was, is, and shall be.
Peace to us all.
Geoff Robertson says
It is always a pleasure to read about another person whose mission is to help others.
I have just found your site and hope to be reading more of it during the coming weeks.
I wish you every success.
I can tell by your introduction, I’m going to loooooooove this site! Have a good week!
Thanks so much! I hope you do. I love your vibe…. the more positive people in my world, the better!
Joi, Great site very similar to mine. I’ll be back many times to read it!
Great to read some good new content in the field.
I want to suggest a great book on self help “The G0-Getter: A MikiYaka Illustration”. This is a new edition and is an illustrated book. One of the authors of this book – Avani Miriyala is a “17 year old girl” who goes to school and has done a great job in creating this book. I’m amazed to see a teenager who is motivated to write a book. The goal of the authors is to make reading easier for non-readers. The book explains the “power of persistence” and i personally believe that this book is totally different from the other ones out there, the reason because it full of pictures and characters. The writer has understood that people are more visual oriented. One more feature that I liked id that, you can finish the whole book in 30 minutes and can read it as many times as you want. The story gives you a boost of self-confidence and I appreciate the Authors for putting this great book together. The book is available at http://www.mikiyaka.com
Also available at amazon: