Ever “discover” something new, then wonder how you ever lived without it? That’s exactly what has happened since I bought the Thomas Nelson KJV Study Bible (Kindle Edition).
Prior to this wonderful study Bible, my Bible reading and Bible study looked like this…
- I would open up my Holy Bible App and begin my daily Bible reading.
- I’d often switch to the NKJV periodically (when reading the Old Testament) to see what “heading” a particular passage was given. The KJV doesn’t come with these headings and, even though It’s my preferred version, I have to admit… I dig those headings!
- Often, I’d come across a man or woman in the Bible and I would then get up and walk to the bookcase to retrieve my “Everyone in the Bible” book.
- Whenever I’d come across a country and wonder what it is today or come across the name of something in particular that I wanted to know about, I’d make the same trek to the bookcase and retrieve my Pictorial Bible Dictionary or Atlas of the Bible (both of these are HEAVY books, too, mind you!)
- After the excursion to the bookcase, of course, I’d return to my iPad or iPhone and resume reading – usually with one or two books in tow.
When I read about the Thomas Nelson KJV Study Bible (Kindle Edition), my first thought was… “I could have everything I need in ONE place!” I ordered it immediately and thank myself every single day.
The Thomas Nelson KJV Study Bible is available as an eBook (which is the one I currently have) and as a beautiful Hardcover book (I plan on ordering this one for my Christian Books Collection).
The King James Study Bible, Full-Color Edition is the most complete and comprehensive KJV study Bible available. Comprehensive book introductions, doctrinal articles, study notes, commentaries, personality profiles, word studies, and archaeological insights will help you experience the riches of God’s Word. The full-color design, Holy Land images, classic works of art, charts, and maps further enhance your Bible reading experience. With all these features, plus special subject indexes, Christ’s words in red, and an extensive concordance, no other KJV Bible offers more to students of the Holy Bible.
I love the Personality Profiles – you can easily find a man or woman you want to learn more about (or to remind yourself exactly who he/she was). When you click on their name, you get a lovely profile of them. Above, as you can see, is a profile for Nehemiah.
I love that pictures are provided for many of the profiles, as well.
- Time-honored KJV Bible text
- Center-column references with translation notes
- Beautiful full-color pages and features
- Hundreds of full-color maps, images, and charts
- 5,700 authoritative and time-tested study notes
- Over 100 archaeological notes
- Over 100 Personality Profiles highlighting important figures in Scripture
- More than 200 notes on important Christian doctrines
- Book introductions and outlines
- Indexes and word-study concordance
- Monies, Weights, and Measures
- Prophecies of the Messiah Fulfilled in Christ
- Miracles of Christ
- Teachings and Illustrations of Christ
- Parables of Christ
- The Jewish Calendar
- Prayers of the Bible
- Concordance with World Studies
You are able to “highlight,” not only verses within the Bible text, but content on the other pages as well. See the image above, when you click on something you want to highlight, you’re given options – you can choose from five different colors, or simply underline the passage.
I’m nothing if not a girly-girl, so naturally I chose pink.
You can visit Amazon to learn more about the Thomas Nelson KJV Study Bible (Kindle Edition) or the Thomas Nelson KJV Study Bible (Hardcover). You’re going to absolutely love this study Bible! ~ Joi (“Joy”)
More Christian Book Reviews.