Words from Inspiring Men and Women
I got an e-mail recently from a woman who had nothing but wonderful things to say about me and Self Help Daily. I loved her from the start. Such excellent taste.
Kidding aside, my new friend told me that when she needed a little inspiration, she came to my website. She said she always found something to lift her spirits and make her smile. That, my friends, was the most humbling compliment I’ve gotten in a while. I’m not lying, tears welled up and I wasn’t sure whether I wanted to cry, laugh, smile, write more or never write again.
You know… one of those, “What do I do next” moments that make us just freeze in place for a few minutes until we remember how to breathe again. In a few short sentences she summed up so much of what I want Self Help Daily to be – a place to find….
For whatever reason, I have an abundant supply of hope. Over the years, I’ve found that I may, at times, run out of willpower, patience, answers, or physical strength, but I have a never-ending supply of hope. In fact, there have been times in my life when I’ve had to have enough hope for myself and a few other people. Maybe that’s why God loaded me up with such an amazing supply! That, combined with the fact that I’ve got
a little a lot of Mary Poppins in me, simply means I’m always filled with hope – hope for tomorrow, hope for the best, and hope for happy endings.
10 Quotes that Always Inspire Me
I’ve confessed my obsession with inspirational quotes on Self Help Daily before. As I’ve said, I have (literally) notebooks filled with quotes. Some of my favorite quotes are written on index cards, hanging on a cork board above my desk in my home office. The first three quotes listed below are, indeed, three of my perennial “hangers.” I have these 3 quotes, as well as the other 7 commited to memory and take them everywhere I go. I draw inspiration, motivation, and sometimes just a smile from them.
A couple of these quotes have actually starred in their own post here on the self help blog – star treatment for star quotes. I’ve linked the quotes to their bio accordingly! The links will open in a new window.
- “Ye Have compassed this mountain long enough, turn you northward.” – Deuteronomy 2: 3 (KJV) or “You have circled this mountain long enough. Now turn north.” (NASB) [See A Quote of Biblical Proportions]
- “Nothing will work unless you do.” – Maya Angelou [See Maya Angelou Gets Right to the Point]
- Gambaru: Japanese for “Never ever give up, even – and especially when – there’s no chance of winning ” [Ann Curry, a Love Story, and Gambaru]
- “At first dreams seem impossible, then improbable, then inevitable.” – Christopher Reeve
- “Never let your memories be greater than your dreams.” – Doug Ivester
- “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” – Albert Einstein
- “Everything around us is made up of energy. To attract positive things in your life, start by giving off positive energy.” – Celestine Chua
- “Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. To these I commit my day.” – Max Lucado
- “I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.” – Martin Luther King, Jr. [More Martin Luther King, Jr. Quotes]
- “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.” – Gandhi