Spirituality can empower you to break free from the constraints of a routine and unimpressive life and enter a thriving, compassionate, and loving life. There are many ways to deepen your spirituality, including going to retreats and workshops, studying online courses, and reading spiritual books.
Spirituality is the belief that there is a thing who is more powerful than ourselves. It is the sense of knowing that there is something controlling nature.In real it is the search of your inner self that what we are? Where are we from?
Here’s what some experts say about spirituality:
- According to Christina Puchalski, Director of the George Washington Institute for Spirituality, defines that “spirituality is the aspect of humanity that refers to the way individuals seek and express meaning.”
- According to Mario Beauregard and Denyse O’Leary,authors of The Spiritual Brain, “spirituality means any experience that is thought to bring the experiencer into contact with the divine “
- Ruth Beckmann Murray and Judith Proctor Zenter defined that “the spiritual dimension tries to be in harmony with the universe, and strives for answers about the infinite, and comes into focus when the person faces emotional stress, physical illness.”
All of this is to lead into the ultimate question: How do we awaken our spirituality and what even is a spiritual awakening?
What is Spiritual Awakening?
Spiritual Awakening is the Process of reflecting about your life, about knowing the reality of life, why we are here, and what our purpose is. So thinking deeply about your life in a spiritual way is called the Spiritual Awakening.
A person has a “wake up” experience, in which they question their preexisting beliefs, ways of life, and practices, whenever they go through spiritual awakening in their lives. You begin your spiritual awakening when you experience the dispelling of the illusion of being apart from oneness. Your sense of separation is intelligently dispelled by the energy during this profound dissolution process, usually beginning with your ego.
Reading books is one of the best ways to learn about spirituality and understand what it means for yourself. particularly books that both help you comprehend a higher being. while also assisting you in better comprehending who you are. You can become more aware of your spirituality the more you learn about yourself and your relationship to the divine.
It’s important to read books that let you explore your emotions rather than dictating them. These discoveries may have the side effect of “relief from so much unhappiness”( The Power of Meditation).
Reading is an excellent way to broaden your thinking to include concepts you’ve never dared to consider, help you feel things you have always felt, and learn from people you would otherwise never be able to meet.
Below is a list of excellent spiritual books for you to start 2023. Whether you’re searching for the best spiritual books for beginners, meditation, or spirituality, you’ll find something to support your journey.
- Cutting Through Spiritual Materialism: Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche
- A Gradual Awakening: Stephen Levine
- The Places That Scare You: Pema Chodron
- A Brief History of Everything: Ken Wilber
- Living Buddha, Living Christ: Thich Nhat Hanh
This list is a good starting place. To learn more and get a free ebook about angel numbers, as well as several other free spiritual ebooks, check out this fantastic list.