Physical Benefits Offered by Massage
There are quite a few physical benefits offered by massage therapy. Some of these benefits can be seen right away, while other may require a bit of time and several appointments to see. Some of the primary benefits that are offered are highlighted here.
- Pain relief
- Increased range of motion and joint flexibility
- Faster healing when muscles are sprained or strained
- Reduction in muscle stiffness and tension
- Balancing of the nervous system
- Enhancement of athletic performance
- Expedite healing after surgery
- Improvement in posture
Mental Benefits Offered by Massage
In addition to offering physical benefits, there are also a number of mental benefits offered by massage therapy. These are highlighted here.
- Creates a relaxed state of alertness
- Relief of metal stress
- Encourages appreciation and awareness in regard to the body-mind connection
- Improvement in the ability you have to monitor your stress signals and respond properly
When received on a regular basis, massage therapy can even offer a number of emotional benefits. These include:
- Reduction of anxiety
- Alleviation of depression
- Revitalization of a busy or overworked mind
- Ability to find solace in societies hectic pace
- Enhancement of the sense of well-being
When will Results be Seen?
The tangible results are typically seen during early stages of treatment. There are some who may experience pain relief right away, while others have to visit the massage therapist several times in order to reap any benefits. It is important to remember that there are several factors in play that will determine how quickly results are seen. For example, the severity of the injury, your condition, overall health and even unforeseen life changes can all impact how successful or unsuccessful a treatment is.
What is the Length of a Session?
While one hour is the customary session length, the time can vary based on your individual needs. If you talk with your massage therapist you can work out a time that works best for both of you and that will provide the greatest results for the treatment.
For more information about massage therapy in Burlington, visit the Appleby Total Health today. Here you can have all your questions answered and make an educated decision regarding whether or not this treatment is right for you.